Thursday 14 July 2011

Guild Day at the National Army Museum 9th July 2011



John Greenacre answering questions







Answering general questions from the audience at the close of the event




Mike Sheil showing the Loos football

The Guild has received the following e-mail from a member of the audience:

"I would like to say thank you for a very enjoyable and informative day, an excellent program, and as they say everything tells a story. I again would like to say thank you to Major and Mrs Holt for all the assistance they have given me through their books, which I advised them at the time, also to all your members during the day I spoke too.

I especially enjoyed Dr John Greenacre and Major Mike Peters Airborne Battlefields, which I felt was very apt after just coming back from taking a group of 12 people around Arnham covering Market Garden. It was a shame I did not have some of the facts that they stated between them, but I have for my next group when I do Normandy later in the year.

Michael St Maur Sheil, the battlefield through a lens was very poignant, to think what had occured in those actual fields, I felt the pictures was still showing the electricity of those, that was there. My next group is around the Somme area, which again, I was covering the tale of the football, but I can now say I have touched the football."

MB Canterbury